Pilates improves overall stamina, corrects muscular imbalances, and slows the process of aging by bringing flexibility to the spine. The Castle Hill Fitness Pilates Instructor team has helped the young and old, healthy and sick, novice and expert to find their strength and movement from the core. Our Pilates Studio has been voted the Best Pilates Studio among Austinites for years.
WHAT IS PILATES?
Simply speaking, Pilates is a specific series of exercises that address the body as a whole, including the breath, nervous system, alignment, balance, and attention to how the muscles move and stabilize the joints. Pilates exercises use specific pieces of Pilates equipment: the Pilates Reformer, the Pilates Chair, and the Pilates Tower to name a few. Some Pilates exercises can also be performed on the floor with a mat, and there are various props and aids.
WHAT DOES PILATES DO?
Most people know Pilates for its exceptional development of the core. However, there’s more! A functional core is more than hard abdominals and a “six-pack”. A functional core includes the abdominal muscles as well as several others from the shoulder all the way to the pelvis. The ability to appropriately move the spine as well as stabilize it while moving the extremities is part of having a functional core.
WHO BENEFITS FROM PILATES?
Everyone! For those just beginning an exercise program, Pilates can help them find strength and awareness they may never have had before, or lost over time.
- Pilates is great for people who spend time in office settings as it counters the effects of sitting in front of a computer with rounded shoulders, tight hip flexors, and sagging abdominals.
- Athletes can improve their performance with Pilates by balancing muscles used repetitively in their chosen sport.
- And finally, everyone benefits by changing poor movement patterns into more efficient ones. Pilates is truly a cross-training form of exercise that can be practiced for life!
THREE WAYS TO VISIT THE PILATES STUDIO AT CASTLE HILL FITNESS
Private Training. Get the maximum benefit and quicker results with one-on-one training in our Pilates Studio
Pilates Class Series. A blend of both private and group formats. Work progressively with a small group for a set session of weeks.
Weekly Classes. Drop-in on a weekly class to get a budget-friendly Pilates workout in!
WHAT ARE SOME RESULTS ONE CAN EXPECT?
There are numerous results, some of which are already listed above. Just a few of them are listed as follows:
- A connection between the Body, Mind, and Spirit. Much exercise promotes a body/mind split. Think of watching television while you work out as an example. There is not much awareness and attention paid to what the body is doing. It performs on autopilot, usually re-enforcing poor movement habits while continuing to overdevelop already overworked muscles and neglecting the underworked ones.
- Uniform development. Pilates is a conditioning program that brings the body back to a more healthy function that carries over into other life activities. The body becomes an orchestra where the muscles are the instruments playing together in a symphony instead of as musical instruments playing separately in discordance.
- Proper breathing. Everyone can feel the difference when sitting for long periods breathing shallowly compared to taking a few deep refreshing breaths. Remember that breathing well helps to cleanse the system. Even our breathing muscles become out of shape.
MEET OUR PILATES INSTRUCTORS
Click a headshot to read a short professional bio…