While all Yoga is potentially therapeutic, Yoga Therapy is a personalized application of yogic tools and techniques to address your physical, mental, and emotional needs. Castle Hill Fitness is proud to offer private sessions with highly trained professionals as an empowering, holistic model for health, healing, and beyond. Anyone can benefit, and no prior yoga experience is required.
Unlike a group yoga class, a Yoga Therapy session is one-on-one work with a certified professional, which addresses your unique intentions, expressed needs, and short and long-term goals. This work helps to manage, relieve, and improve single or multiple chronic or acute health conditions or disease processes. Yoga Therapy can serve as an adjunct to Western healthcare.
- Stress management
- Chronic pain
- Structural and musculoskeletal conditions and injuries
- Injury prevention
- Chronic conditions such as MS, diabetes, and fibromyalgia
- Respiratory issues
- Depression and anxiety management
- Migraines, insomnia, and digestive issues
- Increasing energy, focus, and concentration
- Pre- and post-surgery care, including joint replacement and back surgeries
- Life transitions and changes
- Side effects of western healthcare interventions (such as cancer treatments)
An initial session includes an initial intake, assessment, and interview to devise your protocol. One of our Yoga Therapists will then guide you through your unique practice, offering refinements and modifications. The session will typically conclude with questions, discussion, lifestyle suggestions, and a take-home practice to provide additional support between sessions. A therapeutic practice session is adaptable to you, and can occur on a chair, the floor, or using a wall for balance as needed.
Yoga Therapy is most effective in a series of sessions spaced at regular intervals as part of an overall health care and "preventative maintenance" plan. A single session can yield benefits, though.