Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT) is a type of soft tissue manual therapy. Through science-based research and guided by clinical experience, the hands-on techniques found in NMT focus on treating acute and chronic pain and dysfunction in the body. If you suffer from constant pain, NMT may be an effective form of treatment.
WHAT CAUSES MYOFASCIAL PAIN AND DYSFUNCTION?
Most pain and dysfunction in the body are caused by three factors: biomechanical, biochemical, and/or psychosocial. A person generally has more than one factor present in their body contributing to a source of pain. Most modalities address one factor, but neuromuscular therapy aims to address all three categories which make it an extremely effective technique for chronic pain sufferers.
NMT reeducates the neuromuscular system to bring the body out of pain.
THROUGH HANDS-ON ASSESSMENTS, A NEUROMUSCULAR THERAPIST WILL ADDRESS:
- tight tissue that is reducing blood flow (also called ischemia)
- hypersensitive points on the muscle that cause referred pain (trigger points)
- nerve compression and entrapment
- postural awareness and address how the body is as a whole
- perpetuating life factors such as stress, hydration, nutrition, and breathing patterns.
Neuromuscular therapists have an in-depth knowledge of anatomy and the psychological factors that create pain due to the training program associated with this type of therapy. NMT is a highly effective therapy for those experiencing chronic or on-going pain.
MEET OUR NEUROMUSCULAR THERAPY EXPERTS