Bike Fit Services
Comprehensive Bike Fit
Just like there is no DNA alike, each bike fitting is unique to the person it is designed for.Pricing
Since we all cycle, walk, push, pull, twist, balance, breathe and stabilize differently, each fitting is a new adventure. Comfortable and efficient cycling requires more than just sitting on a seat, grabbing a bar and turning over the cranks. An optimal cycling position requires us to have well-supported feet with the appropriate seat and bar positions for comfort, leverage and stability. By having stable, flexible and strong bodies, we can push our physical boundaries with limited detrimental impact. A truly optimized position allows us to look ahead comfortably and breathe deeply while enjoying the ride.
One-Hour Position Consultation
Simple position modifications, adjusted quickly and provided with a simple reference diagram.Pricing
We understand that not all riders want or need the 3-hour Comprehensive Fit, and some riders would just like to fine tune his or her position quickly. Our one-hour approach provides adjustment of the critical contact points on a bicycle as decided by your fitter. The service has been developed by Jerry Gerlich through 25 years of positioning experience.
The One-Hour Session addresses:
After your fit you will receive:
Shoe Cleat Position Analysis
Installation/adjustments of cycling cleats for the optimization of comfort, leverage and performancePricing
This patented approach provides certainty in crucial areas of bike fitting instead of relying on the educated guesswork that has been traditionally applied. The nature of these fitting principles means that the detail of their application varies as much as people do.
Triathletes experience a wide range of functional demands over the course of a swim/bike/run event.Pricing
Supple, effective swimming technique and smooth running form are split by the most time-consuming portion of a triathlon, the bike leg. A comfortable bike position that allows for powerful leverage, optimal breathing and stable handling can have a huge impact on how fresh an athlete feels when it’s time to run. Adjusting these bicycles should reflect the functional and positional needs of the specific client.
Find optimal movement patterns, reset your system, and remove yourself from chronic pain with Body Remapping. Throughout our lives, we experience traumas that cause imbalances, scars, and pathways that lead us from functioning at our best and upset the body’s natural “roadmap”. By identifying proprioceptive deficits and working to correct functional biomechanics, Jerry has helped numerous clients find their optimal ergonomic movement patterns. If you can walk, you can benefit from a session!
Clients that have most benefited from this work include: chronic pain sufferers, those dealing with symptoms associated with neurological or physical dysfunction, Parkinson’s patients, and those seeking post-surgery aftercare.
What does Body Remapping include:
- Interview to outline any variables or physical issues causing problems
- Thorough evaluation of your stability, form, and function
- Unique assessment methods, muscle testing and retesting
- Remedial exercises and stretched for increased symmetry, range of motion, and coordination
- Complete set of notes and homework to take home
Frequently Asked Questions
What to expect during the Comprehensive Fitting
- Pre-fit interview to outline any variables or physical issues causing problems while you ride.
- Thorough evaluation of your stability, form and function both on and off the bike(s).
- Application of unique assessment and cleat/seat/bar adjustment methods with an emphasis on cleat/shoe and saddle/bar optimization as applied by Steve Hogg.
- Remedial off-the-bike exercises and stretches for increased symmetry, range of motion and coordination.
- Detailed position records post-fit for future use in setting up different bicycles.
- Diagnosis of injuries or diseases.
- Chiropractic-type adjustments.
- Cleaning/tuning/repair services to bicycles in need of attention. (We are not responsible for questionable equipment that fails during a fitting session)
What to expect AFTER the Comprehensive Fitting
New muscular recruitment patterns take time to settle in and feel solid. You are highly encouraged to come in with a 2-3 week window of easy riding after the fitting work to give your muscles and nervous system time to adapt to the changes. You will most likely experience one or more of the following:
- New sensations through the whole body as your feet, pelvis, back and hands can wind up in much different positions than when you arrived.
- Small ring efforts without hills at a heart rate of under 75% max for 2-3 weeks to give your body time to develop the new motor patterns required for the new position.
- New balance sensations. (Adapting to these new balance sensations will require frequent riding without hard cornering, sprinting, long efforts and fast descents.)
- Minor aches and pains caused by your body’s previous motor patterns attempting to function with the new position.
- Your trust that I know what I am doing and that I WILL make improvements to how you feel on the bike.
- You will commit to this process with me.
- You will contact me with any questions or concerns as soon as possible.
- You will follow my instructions and you WILL NOT make any adjustments to your bike without first discussing it with me.
- You will do your best to follow the off-the-bike recommendations that I give you.
What to Bring
- Basic Equipment: Bike(s), shoes, fresh cleats if available, any orthotic devices/insoles/foot beds you have, any cleat shims or wedges you currently use, cycling riding kit, all eye wear including prescription glasses, sunglasses, readers and swim goggles, helmet(s), gloves, seat bag with contents, mobile phone and sunscreen to test your new position outside if possible.
- Accessories: Water bottle for hydration, snacks, money for purchases in our Food for Fitness organic café, shock pump, seat mast cutting guide or other tools/spacers/items specific to your bicycle.
- An Open Mind: You will experience a completely unique approach to bicycle fitting available only in Austin, Texas.
- Cycling kit, including jersey, bib, shorts, cycling socks, sports bra for women. (Ideally, shoulder, spine and hip assessments are conducted with the jersey off.)
- Sandals or running shoes for moving around the gym without cycling shoes.
- Light jacket or sweatshirt for the bike fitting room. (This isn't absolutely necessary, but the room runs cool for exercisers.)
- Please refrain from wearing cologne, heavily-scented body spray or perfume.